Creating Events on TeamApp
On TeamApp, games and practices are entered as events. (Events are anything that is scheduled with a date, time, and location.)
Since we practice together as a level (e.g., G34) - it usually makes sense for a level coordinator to create events for practices, and then associate them with every team in the level.
For games, on the other hand - it usually makes sense for each coach to create events for his or her team.
To create an event, click the Events button:
On the next screen, click the + icon in the upper right corner:
On the next screen, you can enter all the information about the event:
- Title: the name of the event (e.g., "G34 Tuesday Night practice")
- Start and End, which includes date and time.
- Reminder: If you'd like, TeamApp will send out a reminder notification to the parents on your team. To can choose when this reminder is sent (e.g., a day in advance, or an hour in advance, etc.)
- Location: This should be an actual address, since TeamApp will automatically search for the location, and provide a map. So, a location might look like this: Flahive Field, 200 Nahatan Street, Westwood, MA 02090
- Enable comments: Select this option if you'd like parents to be able to discuss this event through TeamApp.
- Attendance: Select this option if you'd like to be able to track attendance through TeamApp
- Replies: Select this option if you'd like parents to be able to RSVP through TeamApp. This is a particularly good idea for games, so that you, as a coach, can see which players you'll have available.
- Recurring: If you're setting up a recurring event like a Tuesday night practice - it's tempting to select this option, since it will create all the events for the season. However - this comes with an significant downside - if, during the season, you change an event (e.g., because of field conflict or weather) - that change will automatically be applied to all the subsequent events in the series (which is usually not what you want.) So, use this feature carefully.
- Visibility: This determines which groups of TeamApp users will see this event. So, you'll need to select your team's group. See below for more details.
- Notifications: Select these options to send an instant "push notification" to your team's parents' phones, and an email notification.
To set the Visibility (which determines which parents will see this event), scroll down and click Select Groups:
On the next screen, click the group associated with your team:
When you're finished entering all of the details for your event, click the Create button in the upper right corner:
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble, just email
, and he'll try his best to help.